BarbadosForum.com - TELLING-IT-LIKE-IT-IS: School Children Treated Like Kings And Queens - BarbadosForum.com - TELLING-IT-LIKE-IT-IS

Donations

If you enjoy our Forum, please consider donating. Your donation will be used to cover the cost of the forum's hosting and continued technological development. For several easy ways to donate to the BarbadosForum: CLICK HERE. To view list of donations, CLICK HERE.
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

School Children Treated Like Kings And Queens from St.Pauls Primary Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Largess (4 member(s) have cast votes)

Should 10 yeal olds have to deal with this kind of adulation?

1. YES (2 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. NO (2 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. DONT KNOW (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Bendedknees 

• Senior Staff Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Management
  • Interests:Cricket, Golf, Dominoes and Reading

Posted 29 June 2007 - 08:22 AM

Graduating in style. Twenty-three students of St Paul's Primary School's graduating class of 2007 had the ride of their lives yesterday. Thanks to the generosity of a parent, the students slid into two luxury stretch limousines with two police outriders to clear a path for them for their journey from the school to Solidarity House, Harmony Hall, where the ceremony was held. To add to their treat, throughout the 20-minute drive, the students enjoyed cold beverages in sparkling crystal glasses. Here, the excited students on their celebrity ride. (AB-cool.gif
Nation Newspaper

#2 User is offline   goldenboy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member

Posted 29 June 2007 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE (Bendedknees @ Jun 29 2007, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nation Newspaper

I can see no harm in it, they look like they are having a great time, as long as no one is excluded from it, because of finance etc I think its actually nice to celebrate achievements

#3 User is offline   canadagirl 

• PipPip

Posted 29 June 2007 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (Bendedknees @ Jun 29 2007, 09:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Graduating in style. Twenty-three students of St Paul's Primary School's graduating class of 2007 had the ride of their lives yesterday. Thanks to the generosity of a parent, the students slid into two luxury stretch limousines with two police outriders to clear a path for them for their journey from the school to Solidarity House, Harmony Hall, where the ceremony was held. To add to their treat, throughout the 20-minute drive, the students enjoyed cold beverages in sparkling crystal glasses. Here, the excited students on their celebrity ride. (AB-cool.gif
Nation Newspaper

don't see what the problem is here. praising our kids could actually lead to a gentler, less violent and more civilized society with people being more inclined to settle differences through conflict resolution instead of violence.

#4 User is offline   Baby_Diamond 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Car Racing, Movies, Reading, Music.... take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back.<br /><br />

Posted 30 June 2007 - 03:08 PM

I am bit uncertain on how to vote as none of the answers seems appropriate in this instance. If it was that only one or two kids got the privilege of riding in the Limo then I would have a problem. However, I gather it was an occasion for the entire school.. I thought it was a really sweet thing on the school’s part. I see nothing wrong in allowing them to experience few good things at an early age, with in reason. I am sure they recognize it for what it was “a treat”. smile.gif LOL hopefully some will like um enuff to excel and mek some good money so dem cud do it a lil more in de future.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users