BarbadosForum.com - TELLING-IT-LIKE-IT-IS: Eric Sealy - BarbadosForum.com - TELLING-IT-LIKE-IT-IS

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Eric Sealy Activist or Toothless Bulldog Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Beep_Beep 

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member

Posted 15 August 2004 - 01:02 PM

Eric Sealy , the celebrated fiery political activist is celebrating his 79 th Birthday. in an advert place by him in todays Sunday Sun , EASY seaction page 5, he is paying eternal thanks to God and special thanks to the following.
ArchBishop Granville Williams
Sir Charles Williams
Sir Fred Gollop
Sir Everton Weekes
Sir John Stanley Goddard
Sir David Seale
Sir David Simmons
Sir Henry Forde
Mr.Harold Hoyte
Mr.Kiko Chatrani
Mrs Janet Greaves
Mr. Richard Stoute
Mr Steve Stoute
I wonder if Eric got a card or a congratulatory from any of these Knighted gentlemen. Makes you wonder if this is the same Eric Sealy, that had the Politicians and Merchants trembling in thier boots ,when he hit the political platform back then.

#2 User is offline   DeTruth 

• Senior Staff Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Management

Posted 15 August 2004 - 02:34 PM

Is this the Eric "fly" Sealy that was so popular/infamous in the 60s?

If this is that Eric or another Eric, may he live to see many more years.

#3 User is offline   Beep_Beep 

• Super Moderator

Posted 15 August 2004 - 09:47 PM

Yep! the one and only Eric "Fly' Sealy.

#4 User is offline   The Captain 

• Staff Member
  • Group: Donor

Posted 16 August 2004 - 10:04 AM

Even as Eric raised the consciousness of the average Bajan to the political arena, and as you characterised him as a 'Bull Dog", he had the knack of playing both sides like no one else could.

I thought he had the ability to let anyone in any place at any time give him the listening ear, he would literally stop anyone on the street or gain access to their office just for him to state his case. The fact that he had a 'loud mouth' could have been the reason he had this edge. However he is one who speaks his mind regardless. Come to think of it, we have our own "Eric" in this forum. smile.gif smile.gif I en call nuh body name. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#5 Guest_Adrian_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 August 2004 - 10:16 AM

haahahahahah It is funny that i was drafting my contribution to this thread when i got called away.

I credit Eric fly for peaking my interest in politics. So Captain if your broadside is being attributed to me, i wear it with pride.

I am not fond of his new found, over appreciation of one party over the next, but i am not going to judge him on that.

Now you got some questions to answer in the "He resigned" thread. biggrin.gif

#6 User is offline   The Captain 

• Staff Member
  • Group: Donor

Posted 16 August 2004 - 10:38 AM

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif I en call nuh body name, but if de cap fit I'll put it on your head. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#7 User is offline   Bendedknees 

• Senior Staff Member
  • Interests:Cricket, Golf, Dominoes and Reading

Posted 16 August 2004 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE (Adrian @ Aug 16 2004, 10:06 AM)
haahahahahah It is funny that i was drafting my contribution to this thread when i got called away. 

I credit Eric fly for peaking my interest in politics.  So Captain if your broadside is being attributed to me, i wear it with pride. 

I am not fond of his new found, over appreciation of one party over the next, but i am not going to judge him on that.

Now you got some questions to answer in the "He resigned" thread. biggrin.gif

Adrian are you saying that Eric should drop the name "Fly" from his name and change it to Elephant?

--------------------

#8 Guest_Adrian_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 August 2004 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE (Bendedknees @ Aug 16 2004, 03:32 PM)
Adrian are you saying that Eric should drop the name "Fly" from his name and change it to Elephant?

--------------------

ha ha ha ha ha ha i don't know boozey, but why an elephant? because of size, it's gentle demenor? or or it's long nose?????

#9 User is offline   Bendedknees 

• Senior Staff Member
  • Interests:Cricket, Golf, Dominoes and Reading

Posted 16 August 2004 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (Adrian @ Aug 16 2004, 11:43 AM)
QUOTE (Bendedknees @ Aug 16 2004, 03:32 PM)

--------------------

ha ha ha ha ha ha i don't know boozey, but why an elephant? because of size, it's gentle demenor? or or it's long nose?????

I say Fly because before he use to be all about but as a elephant he would be not as nimble biggrin.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

#10 User is offline   Beep_Beep 

• Super Moderator

Posted 16 August 2004 - 10:10 PM

Do you remember the time when Eric was holding a political meeting in Fairchild Street, as it approached midnight , the police warned Eric that all political meetings must cease at midnight,only religious meetings are allowed after that time. Immediately Eric launched into a prayer. biggrin.gif
Then there was a time Eric attended a meeting where some of the top dogs were due to speak. Eric was given the advice that if he disturbed the meeting after it started , he could be charged for disturbing the peace. Before the meeting could start, Eric turned one of the tables upside down. He later said that he could not imagine a big man like Jack Dear getting up an running for the door. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Beep_Beep: 16 August 2004 - 10:12 PM

#11 User is offline   Beep_Beep 

• Super Moderator

Posted 20 August 2004 - 09:15 PM

Once Eric contested a seat at a General Election in the City and only pooled 6 Votes. Eric went home and got on dixie, "Somebody in here in vote for me, Ya mean I only got 6 votes and 7 people live in this house?"

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users